Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January 17th - Day 17/348 days to go!

Today I figured out the wiring. Since I use round wire instead of tape wire there is always the issue of where to hide the wiring and also how to access it should I need to change a bulb.

The downside of the Greenleaf wood is that it really isn't thick enough to make grooves in to hide the wiring within the floor and not take the risk of weakening it. I realize that no one will be dancing on it but it is part of the structural integrity of the house and due to the thinness it isn't the strongest to begin with.

I think I've come up with a plan that will work....at least I hope it will.

I also figured out just what I'll need to get the wiring job done. I have some light fixtures already, lots of round wire just in case I need to add some length, shrink wrap, socket bars and transformer. I just need a few more ceiling fixtures to match the existing ones.

I have a wiring plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment