Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 11th - Day 11/354 days to go!

Do you ever have one of those days where you feel like you'll get nothing done and then all of a sudden you get this burst of energy and you accomplish way more than you ever thought possible? Well, today was one of those days.

I now have what actually looks like it might eventually be a dollhouse! I assembled ALL of Step 2! The instructions are confusing but thankfully there were pictures to go with them. Gotta love those pictures. I still have lots of glueing to do....but even with the tape holding it together....it looks like a dollhouse!


The instructions should have mentioned that a third hand might have been helpful in the assembly but after much grunting and the add of boxes to support floppy parts....it was done.

I skipped a few steps and dry fit the kitchen bay wall so that I could make a decision.....leave the side windows in or take them out. While the bay windows bring in lots of light, they leave little room of cabinets or other decorating ideas. The room above only has the front window and it there seems to be enough light. Since rear open dollhouses are usually viewed through the back, the closing in of the kitchen bay windows does really seem to make much difference from a viewing point of view. So, I made an executive decision....I will eliminate the kitchen bay windows in order to put in kitchen cabinets.

I even found time today to paint three of the four chairs that will be going in the dining area! OMG...I was Super Woman today LOL.

2 comments:

  1. Wooooooow! Great work! I think you are making the right decision in the kitchen! Need to have cupboards. Enjoying your blog !
    Judy

    ReplyDelete