Saturday, January 22, 2011

January 21 - Day 21/344 days to go!

Today I put a second coat of white paint on the second floor staircase, added the cherry trim to the treads, stained the treads then glued them in place....and.....I actually sanded the staircase until it finally sits flat on the second floor....YIPPY!!!!



I also sanded the railing for the landings on the second and third floor in preparation for painting.

I still have to paint the underside of the staircase, seal the whole thing, then I have to do the trim for the staircase openings. I think I've found a way to do that so I can glue the landing railings in place and still have the floors removable. Hopefully my idea will work out when the time to implement it comes. I always worry that those light bulb moments of mine will turn out to be....DUH moments instead.

I'd like to thank those who have send me their "comments". I do appreciate your input and it's nice to know that I'm not alone here!

1 comment:

  1. You're doing a great job! I have a couple of other projects going, but am really considering this one also now!
    Hugs,
    Lainie

    ReplyDelete