Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January 4th: Day 4/361 days to go!

I didn't have much time to work on the Beacon Hill today since I spent some time being Grandma...twice today in fact. While I am enjoying the construction of the house, I enjoy spending time with my grandson much more.

I did get the foundation sealed, the first floor staircase sealed and I started painting it white.

I'm hoping to be more productive tomorrow....a trip to Michaels for new white paint, a trip to Staples for some colour copies, and if all goes well I'm going to try staining the first floor to see how that is going to work out.

I will be posting pictures of the progress as often as possible.

I also called Greenleaf....twice....left messages about my wood sealing question but never got a call back. Oh well, too late now, I've used something other than the 50/50 Shellac/wood alcohol that they suggested. Hopefully I won't live to regret my decision.  Its been 7 hours and the foundation is still lying flat and not warping.

No comments:

Post a Comment