Today was....thinking day. Time to think about the wiring, time to think about what to do with the interior doors, time to think about finishes (and when to do some wallpapering), time to just....think things through and plan the best way to get it done.
I did take what will be the kitchen door and played with it a bit. The original was...awful! The wood is less than desirable and what "they" think of as a door really is just a piece of punched out wood. It definately needs to be perked up to make it even look like a real door. There is also the installation and framing to think through as well. The easiest would be to make it a non-functional door but that isn't really what I want.
I am soooooo tempted to change the doorway shape...a little shorter and a little wider....and then purchase some good quality interior dollhouse doors.....but....as my son reminded me....I did say that I was going to finish the house "as is" from the kit. What was I thinking when I made that statement!
The original idea was to make the kit "as is" and spend the extra time getting the best out of what was provided. Yes, that would mean sanding until I couldn't stand sanding anymore....and using lots of polyfil to smooth out the wood. That said, I'm now not so sure that even that will satisfy my thoughts on the quality of the final outcome.
But, I'm not at that stage yet where I might have to make another...executive decision.