Friday, January 28, 2011

January 27th - Day 27/338 days to go!

Today it was time to do some work on the interior walls. I have dry fit all the walls on the first and second floor....with some minor adjustments (which translates to more sanding grrrrrrr%&*#@*) and have them taped in place waiting for glue.

I decided not to make a closet in the large second floor bedroom since it would be of little value or use and I'd rather have the wall space to put an armoire on instead. I left the punch out for the closet door in the wall and filled the seams with glue....lots of glue. I find that if I work the glue into the seams with my finger and fill them up as much as possible that they do hold.....and the wallpaper will also add strength when added.

I also removed the third floor pieces from sheet 11, 12 and 12A. I'm trying to find a nice way to express my displeasure and disappointment in the quality of the wood in sheet 11. Just when I thought the quality couldn't get any worse than it already was.....ta da...sheet 11 came along and reared its ugly grain. I didn't even try to punch out the pieces and instead opted to cut them out with an xacto knife. Even with a brand new blade, the wood was disintegrating here and there in little pieces as I slowly and carefully cut the pieces out. Some of the corner pieces were separating between the layers of wood so badly that I stuffed them with glue and secured them with tape while they dried in the hopes that, in the morning, I will have been able to salvage what might resemble a secure corner. I have my fingers crossed. 

Tomorrow I will glue the first and second floor walls in place and then start....sanding the walls for the third floor.

Yippy (NOT).....more sanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment