Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1st - Day 32/333 days to go!

Today I glued the right side third floor walls in....lots of glue just in case of that mini earthquake. I will need to do a little more gluing to make sure it is fully re-inforced after this round of glue has had a chance to dry. I guess I'm just going to have to do the chimney according to the direction since I have re-read the instructions and there just doesn't seem to be any way around it. I think I've decided to do a stone chimney....something that will blend the colours into the exterior colours....but I can decide that at a later date when I see how things develop. This is after all a work in progress and one of the advantages is that I can change my mind right up until I actually have to do the work.

I'm undecided about the dining room buffet.....doors on the hutch....or no doors on the hutch....I like it both ways. Darn, I hate when that happens....decision....decision. Thankfully, I don't have to rush to make that decision either. So....what do you think? I'm open to suggestions or opinions.



I also did some work on the little bench for the first floor hallway....white paint, yellow paint, and some pink fabric...and it doesn't look too bad if I do say so myself....and I even managed to not have another piece to put back into that "maybe" box.



I'm not sure what I'll get to tomorrow. I have two meetings....one in the afternoon and one in the evening, but after that, I might just need something mindless to do....like....flooring! Nothing is more mindless than gluing strips of wood onto matte board. It's definately a no-brainer.

I did take time today to order some light fixtures. I need 10 in total and I had 5 that matched, so I order another 5 to go with them. They should be here either Friday or early next week since I did get confirmation that they are....in the mail. Wow, that's a scary thing sometimes..."in the mail"...because there is no way of knowing what's happening to it. I've received parcels that look like they were used for football practice and I've received packages that looked like.....virgins...untouched by human hands. Canada Post....or Snail Mail...as I call it, is a strange system. It takes less time for things to go from east to west than it does from west to east even if the distance is the same. I've never understood it but I guess that doesn't really matter....it is....what it is....and we just have to accept it. I even received a package from Australia once that took less time than it did to get a package from Toronto. On well, I've vented about the postal service enough for now. I'll just be thrilled when my lights arrive.

I've been so focused on this dollhouse that I think I've neglected my own home. I'm going to have to spend some time, hum not tomorrow, but the next day, playing Domestic Goddess. I noticed when I was coming in with the dog this evening that I have some doggy dust bunnies taking up residence under my kitchen table. The nice thing about housework is that it will always wait for you and if I eat in the living room in front of the television, I don't even notice those pesky kitchen furballs forming either.

No comments:

Post a Comment