Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January 31st - Day 31/334 days to go!

Today was another gluing day. I glued and reinforced with glue the third floor left side. I know it may seem like I'm doing lots of gluing....and I am. I want this dollhouse to be strong, strong enough to withstand a California earthquake if need be....or at least a dollhouse miniature version of an earthquake. If I'm going to have it mobile, then it needs to be glued to the max so it will withstand all the tremors during a move.

I made a template for the first floor dining room floor from matte board and also one for the bathroom on the third floor.

I spent some time in my "maybe" box again. I have two buffets that I thought might be good in the dining room but both were just a little too wide. But.....I found a worktable with two drawers and a shelf below that fit perfectly. I also found a Michaels bookcase.....hum, time for a little bashing. I took the shelf part off the bookcase and it will make an excellent hutch for the worktable. Then....all of a sudden I realized....that bookcase used to have doors on it.....doors I removed and used in the kitchen. I returned the doors to the little hutch and.....Voila....a dining room buffet!

I bought the Michaels hutchs a long time ago when they were on sale of 50 cents each....and I had a 25% off your entire coupon as well. I think I bought 10 of them. I had no idea what I was going to do with them at the time, but they have come in handy now. The doors have been used on the upper kitchen cabinets and now one of them has been bashed to make two new pieces of furniture.

The bottom of the Michaels hutch fits exactly beside the first floor staircase and I will turn it into a bench seat. Those little dollhouse people need some place to sit while they put on their boots.

I was thrilled with the outcome of the buffet transformation today. Wow, it really is true....sometimes the most pleasure can be found in the simple things....either that or....I need to get out more and get a life in the big world LOL.

I also decided that I really need to paint the house white....at least inside before I do any more wallpapering. Since all the trim is going to be white, it will make it much easier to paint everything white now and not have to worry about painting little spaces after the wallpaper is up.

One more side of the third floor to attack with glue to reinforce it and I can start painting!

I'd like to thank those who have sent me their comments. I really do appreciate it. It's nice to know that I'm not alone here, talking to myself....again, and also the words of encouragement help to keep me motivated and usually arrive on a day when I've endured too much sanding and thoughts of tossing the dollhouse out the window have crossed my mind. Truth be told, I'm far too...stubborn to let this dollhouse win....I will conquor it and not give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment