Saturday, February 26, 2011

February 25 & 26 - Day 56 & 57/308 days to go!

Finally, all the wallpaper I photocopied has been trimmed to....perfection! I realize that I've been obsessive in this task but that is the nature of the beast...yes, I'm the beast. I'm a perfectionist and my own worst critic. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've done something, thrown it out and started all over until I finally end up with a finished result that I'm pleased with. A curse for sure.

I have also come to realize that I'm a shopaholic. Not for most things, in fact, just when it comes to minis. One of the members of an online mini group that I believe to has a home-based miniature business and each year at this time she has an anniversary sale where each day she posts special just for our group at 3 pm. During her sale I become a clock watcher and at exactly 3pm, I run to my computer to see what the deal of the day is. I've already bought  some Chrysnbon dishes which I'm going to paint to go on the dining room table, some Chrysnbon bathroom accessories, an old fashioned phone, fireplace coals and some bookcases for the library. Yes, all for the Beacon Hill. My thoughts seem to be consumed with this project so much so that I've been neglecting my other miniature projects. I still have a stack of books to make that are waiting patiently, my sculpting of miniature dogs has come to a complete stand still, and the local club that I belong to has a project this year that is to be displayed at the show at the end of April and I haven't even started it yet....and I may not either. Oh well, that is the nice thing about projects, they will always wait for you....much like housework.

And speaking of housework, I notice that darn dog dust bunnies have moved into my kitchen again and are hiding under the table....time to pull out the vacuum cleaner and evict them. Thankfully this new dollhouse hasn't had time to collect dust and in order to avoid that in the future, I will definately have to come up with a solution to that potential problem. Perhaps a plexiglass back will do the trick.

So.....tomorrow, after I spend some time being a Domestic Goddess, I will spend some time working on the dollhouse and get cracking on some wallpapering.

No comments:

Post a Comment